Sculpt your upper body in only 20 minutes. Yes, it’s possible. We tell you how: Perform this routine twice and end with a brisk 5-minute walk.
- Start on all fours with the hands on the floor slightly wider than but in line with the shoulders.
- The body should form a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles
- Squeeze the abs as tight as possible and keep them engaged
- Lower the body until the chest nearly touches the floor, making sure that the elbows are tucked in close to the torso
- Pause for a moment then push yourself back to the starting position
- Stand straight with the feet hip width apart, looking straight ahead and arms hanging down by your side
- Jump from one foot to the other at the same time lifting your knees as high as possible, hip height is advisable
- Touch the ground with the balls of your feet
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms down by your side
- Lower into a squat position with your hands flat on the floor in front of you
- Kick your legs backwards into a press up position and lower your chest to the floor
- Push your chest back up to the press up position thrust both feet forward so you are back in the squat position
- Jump up and raise both hands over your head
Want to be healthy and fit? HealthifyMe is here to help you reach your fitness goals. For expert help and guidance, talk to our health counsellor today!
- Stand with your feet together and your hands down by your side.
- In one motion jump your feet out to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- Immediately reverse that motion by jumping back to the starting position.
Planks with Cross-Overs
- Start in push-up position.
- Pull right knee toward left elbow, Make sure your abs are tight and back is flat.
- Return to start and repeat, alternating sides.
Reps.: 15, each side
- Start by standing about 2 feet away from a wall with your back against the wall
- Slide your back down the wall until your hips and knees bend at a 90 degrees angle
- Keep the shoulders, upper back and the back of the head against the wall
- Both feet should be flat on the ground with the weight evenly distributed
- Hold for the required amount of time
Reps.: 2 sets – 15 seconds
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight ono your forearms and not on your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage your core by sucking your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time
Reps.: 3, 30 seconds
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your hips off the floor so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause at the top then slowly lower your body back to the floor.
Reps.: 12, 2 sets
If this sounds like something you won’t be able to do at the moment, our experts can help customize a quick and effective workout plan for you depending upon your body condition and routine.