She doesn’t drink, works out first thing in the morning, loads up on fruits and vegetables every two hours and works off any extra kilos she’s put on immediately. It’s now wonder actress Deepika Padukone is in such great shape, and by following her rules, and my workout plan, you can get a body like Deepika Padukone too!
Before getting down to a routine, let me first explain Deepika Padukone’s body type. She is ectomorphic – slim boned, long limbed, lithe and with very little body fat and little muscle. Ectomorphs tend to have fragile, delicately built bodies and find it difficult to gain weight or add muscle. Their metabolic rate is very high and they often complain they eat relentlessly but never gain any weight.
So to get a body like Deepika Padukone, you’d first need to check if you have the same body type. But even if you don’t, you can definitely achieve a leaner look by following these tips:
Opt for a combination of cardio and weight training. To achieve a lean body, increase the volume of cardio. Deepika, for instance, does Pilates. You can do 30-40 minutes of moderate to high intensity cardio paired with dynamic, high intensity workout moves like kickboxing, daily.
Deepika has said she is strict about her calorie intake, and you should be the same. This is not only important to get a perfect body shape but to have a healthy body as well.
Make sure 30-35% of your total calorie intake is protein. You should consume at least 1.5 to 2 g of protein per kg of body weight. For eg, if your weight is 60 kg you have to have 120 g of protein per day. Also ensure that your meals are low-carb.
Good protein sources Egg whites, lean meat, chicken.
Want to be healthy and fit? HealthifyMe is here to help you reach your fitness goals. For expert help and guidance, talk to our health counsellor today!
Good carb sources Sweet potato, yams, oats, etc.
Good fat sources Almonds, Omega 3 and flaxseed oils.
Some more tips:
- Portion your meals appropriately – one fist size equals one serving.
- Eat 30-40% carbohydrates.
- Eat non-processed foods and whole grains.
- Eat tons of vegetables that are high fiber to stay full.
- Drink plenty of water to curb cravings.
- Divide your daily caloric intake into 5-6 small meals.
- Create a calorie deficit by taking 200-500 cal less than your daily maintenance intake.
- Burn at least 500 calories by exercising. It is very important to have the right meal before and after workout, and it is the best time to eat those carbs.
Keep these guidelines in mind to work towards a physique like the Piku star!
Our experts can help build a diet & fitness plan that could also make you feel like a superstar. Get in touch today.