The best diet for weight loss is one that includes plenty of high-fiber, low calorie recipes . Because they’re made up of ingredients that are filling, even small portions of these meals are satisfying. Even adding one meal of this kind to your daily diet will, along with exercise, help you lose weight. These meals also boost heart health, controls blood sugar and lowers blood lipid levels as well.
Here’s how you can boost your fiber intake on a daily basis with these high fiber low calorie recipes:
- Swap all refined cereals and products with whole grain varieties.
- Have brown rice, whole wheat, millets (ragi), wheat crackers and whole grain breads. Add wheat bran to rotis and when baking breads and biscuits at home.
- Choose pulses with skin like chickpeas, rajma, cowpeas and whole green gram
- Snack on nuts, seeds and fresh fruits instead of namkeens and maida-based snacks.
- Don’t strain the juices and soups you make at home.
- Add fiber-rich raisins and dates to sweeten porridge instead of sugar.
Many of the clients I work with are looking for tasty and innovative recipes for low-cal, high-fiber meals and snacks. Here are a few I’d recommend:
1. Corn Sprout Salad
1 cup moong sprouts
1 cup sweet corn
1 small carrot, chopped finely
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Boil the sweet corn till it softens a little. Drain, and toss with all the ingredients. Check seasoning and serve.
1 bowl = 60kcal
2.7 g protein and 0.5 g fat
2. Celery and Carrot Soup
50 g onions
1 small carrot
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small celery stalk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry chopped onions in olive oil till they turn pink.
- Add chopped carrot and celery and saute for a few minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer till the vegetables soften; cool and blend. Add seasoning and serve warm.
1 bowl = 70 kcals
0.4 g protein and 2.6 g fat
3. Soybean And Eggplant Curry
100 g soyabeans, soaked and boiled
2 cups eggplant, cubed
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
1 tsp jeera (cumin) seeds
1 green chili
1/4 tsp haldi
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tsp oil
1 cup water
Salt to taste
- Heat oil, add jeera and wait till it pops. Then add onions and tomatoes and fry till they are soft.
- Add the eggplant and cook for five minutes.
- Add the boiled soyabeans and all the spices and mix well.
- Add water and cook till the gravy thickens. Serve with rice or rotis of your choice.
1 bowl = 73kcals
4 g protein and 4 g fat
Our experts can help build a diet & fitness plan that fits right into your lifestyle. Get in touch today.
i hope you are doing well.
The article is awesome. You mention so much in a very little words.
I agree that in order to loose weight, taking high fiber diet is extremely crucial.
Wish you more success
Great article, Recipes and related information to manage weight or to lose weight is appealing.
Excellent post with great information.