On this auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi where people celebrate the birth of Lord Ganesh, the God of good beginnings, prosperity and remover of obstacles, we bring to you a very special and recipe. This recipe was shared with us by Shikha Poddar from Pune, who had made prepared it for Ganesh Chaturthi.
Gond Laddu Recipe
Gond is an edible gum that is extracted from the bark of a tree and is used in many Indian preparations. Not only is it known for its delicious recipes it also has a lot of health benefits, especially for new mothers. Along with this it adds falvour to dishes while giving a cooling effect to the body.
Now that we know what gond is, let’s get started!
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup boora (special sugar used to make laddus)
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1/3 cup or 100g gond
- 10 – 12 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp muskmelon seeds
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Slightly crush the gond using a stone grinder and roughly chop the cashew nuts.
- Heat the ghee in a wok and gradually fry the gond in small batches on a medium-low flame until they puff up completely. Let it cool, and crush them coarsely with a rolling pin.
- Use the remaining ghee to roast the wheat flour until brown on medium-low flame. Keep stirring to ensure that the flour doesn’t burn.
- As the wheat flour starts giving off a lovely aroma set it aside to cool.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in the wok and roast the muskmelon seeds. Ensure you cover the wok as the seeds start to pop.
- Transfer the seeds onto the roasted wheat flour. Add the gond and cashew nuts to this mixture, along with boora.
- Mix all these ingredients well. To start making the laddus, pinch some mixture and bind it into laddus of the desired size. Ensure you work fast since it is easier to bind them while the mixture is still warm.
- You can store them in an airtight container and relish them for upto 2 months.
This recipe makes 25 laddus.
Calorie count per laddu: Proteins 2.2g; Fats 19.8g; Carbs 34.5g; Fibre 1.8g
A little tip from our diet coaches – you can substitute boora with powdered jaggery for a healthy twist!
There you have it a laddu recipe that no one can resist! We can’t wait to try this out for our Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations! What about you?
For more healthy recipes, customized advice and nutritional value of your meals, download the HealthifyMe app. Available on Google Play and the App Store.
[symple_button url=”https://healthifyme.onelink.me/2285251819?pid=Blog_Post&c=Sign_Up&af_dp=hmein%3A%2F%2Factivity%2FPlansv2Activity&af_web_dp=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthifyme.com%2Fhome&af_force_dp=true” color=”red” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Get fit with HealthifyMe. Sign up here[/symple_button]