If you’ve just embarked on an exercise routine, walking is a good way to pace yourself. The trick is to let go of the evening stroll and work up to a more athletic gait and pace.
To burn calories up to 200 calories, experts say you should walk about 2 km in 30 minutes. But if you haven’t been walking regularly, don’t expect to hit that speed right out of the gate. Start slow, and use these power walk techniques to work up to this speed.
- Wear good shoes:Prevent aching feet and shins by wearing walking shoes that are light, roomy and flexible.
- Set the right pace:Measure the distance that you will walk daily, and then time yourself. For the next few days, find a pace that will help you burn the requisite number of calories. Use the benchmark we’ve mentioned above to determine how you’re doing. It should take you 3 weeks to work your way up to optimal speed.
- Take little steps:Long strides are less efficient and more tiring than quick heel-ball-toe steps
- Hold your head high:Raise your chin up and look about 10 feet ahead of you for the right walking posture.
- Swing your fists:Instead of letting your arms hang loosely by your sides, bend your elbows 90 degrees, close your hands in relaxed fists and swing them in an arc from your waist to your chest, keeping them close to your body. This will help you walk faster, keep your fingers from swelling and build upper-body strength.
Consult experts for more tips on how to lose weight the healthier way
[symple_button url=”https://healthifyme.onelink.me/2285251819?pid=Blog_Post&c=Sign_Up&af_dp=hmein%3A%2F%2Factivity%2FPlansv2Activity&af_web_dp=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthifyme.com%2Fhome&af_force_dp=true” color=”red” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Get fit with HealthifyMe. Sign up here[/symple_button]
Very nice article, it will help a lot
A very useful article on walking.
I try and walk atleast 3 km per day
This is good suggestion for bbeginners
Great support and good tips looking forward excellent collaboration
I do walk a lot everyday.. thanks for the info
Very nice article on walking.
Hi Sunil, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Keep following our blogs.
Very good suggestion
Hi Vaibhav, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.
Good Suggestion, should apply it
Very good suggestion for stay healthy walk and walk
Simple but very helpful tips to make that walk work the most. Thank you.
Very nice article on walking. It is sime to apply
A useful suggestion
Good insight on walking, benefits & precautions.
Keep chin up & look upto 10 metre distance.
Good walking suggestions. Thanks
Good to have walking for breath fresh oxizon
That’s some good tips. Obviously, i did some like the pace but for the head i definitely never did this. I’ll try next time!