If you’ve made spending time at the gym a part of your daily life, getting your gym bag in order could save you a few precious minutes every day and simplify life. Every bag reflects its owner’s personality and choice but, there are a few essentials that can set you up for a more productive workout and a better day. Kit your gym bag out with these fundamentals and you’ll never go wrong!
- Water bottle:Your gym may have a water cooler but a water bottle will ensure that you can hydrate continuously. Experts recommend sipping about 1 litre of water through a strenuous workout and having an easy-to-use sipper will keep you going.
- Towelette:A small towel is an essential, whether you’re on the cross-trainer or the treadmill. Let’s face it; no one wants to look at a gym enthusiast wiping the sweat off on his/her T-shirt. Opt for one in a super-absorbent material.
- Face wipes:Stash a pack of face wipes in your gym bag. It works to wipe off the makeup mess on days you head to the treadmill after a shopping date or on days when you miss your hand towel. Opt for a non-perfumed brand.
- A pair of socks:Very often, you may forget to toss in a pair of new socks. Keeping an extra pair handy in an unused pocket of the bag ensures that you never have to work out without socks.
- Body wash/shampoo:Combination products such a 2-in-1 hair and body wash will keep your bag clutter free and have you covered whether you need to wash your hair or your body.
- Deodorant:If you’re one of those who sweats up a stink after a gym session, make sure your bag is never devoid of a deodorant.
- Dry shampoo:There’s a shower at the gym but what on those days when there’s no time to shower and you have to make a presentation? Transition to your workday look by using a dry shampoo and go from shabby chic to, well, chic!
- Nutrition bar:You may aim to have a healthy pre-workout snack every day but there can be days when you miss it. Load up on an on-the-go snack and fuel yourself for the sweat session. Choose a snack bar that has minimum sugar. It works as a post-workout snack on days you are super hungry.
- Disinfectant wipes:If you’re not sure of the cleanliness factor or are paranoid, wipe things down with disinfectant wipes. A study by The University of California-Irvine has shown that some bacteria – such as Staphylococcus aureus, a leading cause of staph infections – can survive in gyms for up to 72 hours after contact with a previously sterile surface.
- Hand sanitizer:If you don’t want to make a production of your gym time by rubbing down surfaces with wipes, keep sanitizer handy. Make sure you use it after your workout and before heading out of the gym.
- Workout log:A workout ensures that you keep making consistent progress. Use your workout journal – real or online – to record sets, reps, weights, and rest. Tracking every session ensures that you stay motivated to work out.
[symple_button url=”https://healthifyme.onelink.me/2285251819?pid=Blog_Post&c=Sign_Up&af_dp=hmein%3A%2F%2Factivity%2FPlansv2Activity&af_web_dp=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthifyme.com%2Fhome&af_force_dp=true” color=”red” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Get fit with HealthifyMe. Sign up here[/symple_button]