#1 Tapioca Pudding
- 1/2 cup Tapioca pearl (small size)
- 3 cups Cow milk or any plant milk
- 1/4 tsp Sal
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Soak the tapioca pearls into 2 cups of water for 2-3 hours.
- Combine the milk, salt and tapioca pearls in a pan. Cook them on low heat.
- The pearls are fully cooked when they have doubled in size and have a translucent texture.
- Stir occasionally to avoid the pearls from sticking to the bottom.
- Take a separate bowl and beat the eggs in them.
- Slowly add some of the hot tapioca mixtures to the egg bowl. This is to ensure that the mixture does not curdle due to the varying temperatures.
- Now add the egg mixture to the remaining tapioca in the pan.
- Stir for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Do not let the tapioca pearls boil.
- Once you achieve the pudding consistency, rest the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Add in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Serve hot or chilled as per preference.
#2 Bubble tea
- 8 Black tea bags
- 3/4 cup Tapioca pearls
- 41/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- As per your preference Milk
- First, create a simple syrup. For this, add ½ cup of water and sugar to the pan.
- Heat the pan until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the stove and let it rest.
- To make the tea, steep the tea bags in 4 cups of water.
- Check the tapioca packet for soaking instructions. Follow it accordingly.
- Cook the tapioca pearl in about 4 cups of boiling water.
- Transfer the cooked pearls to a bowl and rinse them with regular water.
- Mix the pearls with a few tablespoons of simple syrup.
- Divide the pearls into 4 glasses. Add in ice cubes.
- Strain 1 cup of tea into each glass
- Add about 2 tablespoons of milk and simple syrup to it.
- Change the ratio of milk and simple syrup according to your preference.
- Serve with large boba straws or spoons.