1. Fresh Ginseng Soup
- 2 pcs Ginseng roots(Ginseng roots- 2 pcs)
- 4 pcs Red dates ((remove the pits)
- 4 pcs Dried/ fresh almond mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas (channa) (soak in water for 2 hours)
- 7 cups Water
- To taste Salt
- Wash and chop the fresh mushrooms. If you use dried mushrooms, soak them in water for 15 minutes. Then cut into pieces.
- Soak chickpeas in water for at least 2 hours. Then, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Next, put all the ingredients in a pot. Turn the stove on and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the soup in medium to low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Pour the soup into bowls. Serve hot.
2. Ginseng tea
- 10 pcs Dried ginseng root ( small (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 5 cups Water
- Gather and wash all the ingredients. Next, peel the ginseng roots and slice them thinly.
- In a bowl, pour honey and add ginseng roots. Keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat water over a high flame in a separate pot. Heat the water but do not boil it
- Pour this water over the ginseng mixture.
- Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and serve hot.
3. Ginseng porridge
- 10 pcs Ginseng root
- 1 1/2 ltr Water
- 120 gm Chicken
- 100 gm Fragrant rice (wash and drain)
- 2 pcs Dried mushrooms
- 12 pcs Gingko nuts
Marinade for chicken meat:
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Corn flour
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- As per taste Salt, pepper and sugar
- 1 inch Fresh ginger
- Wash and clean the chicken. Then, cut it into small pieces.
- Keep chicken bones aside for later use.
- In a large bowl, add ginseng roots and chicken bones. Bring this to a boil.
- Simmer this broth in low heat for 30-40 minutes. Strain the stock.
- Wash and chop fresh mushrooms. If you use dried mushrooms, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Cut them into shreds.
- Add rice, stock, mushroom, and ginkgo nuts in a fresh pot. Keep this on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the mixture until the rice is soft. You can keep the consistency as per your preference.
- Simultaneously, semi- cook the chicken pieces in a non-stick pan with some oil.
- Add the chicken fillet to the rice mixture. Cook this for a few more minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Turn off the stove and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with ginger shreds and serve hot
Leave a Reply