Soya chunks are a fantastic substitute for meat in almost all non-vegetarian dishes. From biryani to pasta, you can use them in a variety of cuisines as well. Here are two simple recipes to get you started with soya chunks.
Soya Pulao Recipe
- ½ cup Soya chunks
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee (homemade is preferable)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorn
- 1/2 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 cup Onions
- Any vegetable of choice (optional)
- Soak the soya chunks in water till it becomes spongy. After that, rinse the pieces a couple of times in water.
- Simultaneously, soak the rice in water as well.
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil or ghee to it.
- Once the oil is heated, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
- Chop up onions and toss them in after the spices.
- Once the onion becomes golden brown, add vegetables of your choice.
- Now, include the soy chunks and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked rice to the cooker with 1 ½ cups water and close the lid.
- After one whistle in high flame, put the cooker on simmer mode.
- Wait for 4 to 5 whistles. Then, wait for the steam to release before opening the lid.