Pineapple is a very versatile ingredient. You can add it to salads, blend it to make a smoothie or even bake it with dishes to add a sweet component. Let us take a look at a few healthy recipes using pineapple.
1. Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 cups Pineapple (chopped)
- 1.5 cups Skimmed milk
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender
- Pass it through a strainer and serve chilled.
2. Pineapple Muffins
- 1 cup Crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp Skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 0.5 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda and baking powder
- Whisk the first five ingredients in a bowl with the help of an electric beater.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a muffin tin.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the bowl until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Portion into the liners. Bake 20 minutes or until muffins have domed and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
- Once cooled, if you loosely cover overnight either on the counter or refrigerated, the liners peel off easily, and the flavour and texture are even better on the next day.