Broccoli has numerous health benefits. However, these benefits may diminish on boiling the vegetable. Therefore, preparation methods play a crucial role.
1. Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- 1 Broccoli (cut into bite-size florets)
- 1 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix broccoli florets with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Put them evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake the florets for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Continue unless they are adequately soft.
- Prick the stalks with a knife to check.
- Now, transfer the dish to a serving plate.
- Add enough lemon juice for a refreshing, tangy flavour.
2. Stir-fried Broccoli
- 1 Broccoli (cut into florets of medium sizes)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- As per taste Salt
- Lemon and oregano (optional)
- Rinse broccoli florets and dry them
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (normal heat)
- Put red pepper and oregano and sizzle it for 1 minute.
- Swirl the broccoli in the pan for 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked and crispy, season with salt and lemon.
- Serve hot
3. Broccoli spinach soup
- 1 Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 cups Spinach (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 1 clove Garlic
- as per taste Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp Almond/Cashew past
- 1/2 cup Chopped onions
- Add butter to a saucepan and let it melt
- Then add garlic, and saute for a few seconds until it turns golden brown
- Now, add onion into the pan and mix till it gets translucent.
- Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put some water and cover it for 2-3 minutes till it gets tender and easily pricked by a fork.
- Add Spinach, Almond/cashew paste, milk, salt, and pepper and let it blend.
- Boil the content and turn off the flame.
- After slightly cooling, put the content in the blender to make a smooth puree out of it.
- Boil the content for two more minutes, and your soup will be ready.
Broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables. You can eat it raw or cooked. However, you need to cook it carefully to prevent nutritional loss. The best way to cook broccoli is to steam, stir-fry or bake them.
However, boiling broccoli breaks down the essential nutritional qualities and generates a strange odour.
Excessive cooking with salt eliminates the essential enzymes that help break down the nutritional riches into cancer fighters. So, cook your broccoli carefully and enjoy its benefits.
Leave a Reply