1. Arugula, Egg, and Asparagus Salad
- 4 Large Eggs (in shells)
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper (ground)
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 350 g Medium asparagus (trimmed)
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat the broiler on high flame.
- Then, bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Cook for 8 minutes with eggs. Then, place eggs in freezing water for 2 minutes.
- Peel eggs, quarter them, and season with salt and pepper.
- Now, mix olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and asparagus on a baking sheet. Char it for 3 minutes and then cut it into 2-inch chunks.
- Finally, mix ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, yoghurt, juice, and one tablespoon water in a medium bowl. Top this mix with asparagus mixture and eggs.
- The asparagus with just a bit of char lends excellent richness to this simple 5-ingredient spring salad.
- Prefer medium stalks over pencil-thin ones, which can scorch and dry up too rapidly.
- A soft-boiled egg provides protein and richness to the salad. Before eating, let the slightly runny yolks mix with the rest of the salad.
- Whole-milk Greek yoghurt has a richer flavour and a softer tang than low-fat yoghurt. As a result, it works well as a binder for the lemony dressing.
- Serve with a slice of multigrain bread slathered in goat cheese.
2. Roasted Asparagus with Almonds
- 500 g Asparagus
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Almonds((lightly toasted)
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 232° celsius
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and toasted almonds.
- Serve warm