While it is easy to eat almonds raw, they can become monotonous soon. However, these recipes are healthy and have a fun twist to them. In this way, you can include almonds in different styles in your diet.
#1 Almond pearls
- 50 g Almonds (toasted)
- 1 tbsp Oats
- 20 g Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup Rice/Bran flakes
- 1 tsp Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee (homemade is preferable)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- to taste Salt
- Take a dry pan and toast the oats and rice/bran flakes in it. Then, keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Heat ghee in the same pan and mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Follow this with curry leaves.
- Now, add pomegranate arils, toasted oats and flakes.
- Toss in the toasted almonds and mix everything.
- According to taste, add salt, red chilli powder and pepper powder.
- Lastly, pour in the lemon juice and give it a mix.
- Garnish with coriander (optional).
#2 Almond Smoothie
- 1 1/2 tbsp Almonds
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup Almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Non-fat or greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Make sure to peel and freeze the banana overnight. It makes the blending process more straightforward.
- Put the almonds, frozen banana and yoghurt into a blender. Add a little bit of almond milk to it.
- Blend it well until it becomes a fine mixture. Then, depending on your preferred consistency, adjust the amount of milk.
- Add cocoa powder if you like a chocolate finish to it.
- Add ice cubes if needed and blend everything.
- Once it gets a smooth consistency, pour into a glass and serve chilled.
Leave a Reply