- It’s a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss.
- Its low sodium and high magnesium content makes it beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
- It contains an anti-aging enzyme, which is said to help repair damaged proteins.
- Its glycemic index is significantly lower than most high carbohydrate foods like rice, bread, etc.
- In a heavy bottom pan, dry roast the makhana on low to medium heat. It will take about 10 minutes to roast evenly.
- Mix the oil, salt, pepper and haldi. Add to the roasted makhana and stir for a few minutes more, until the makhana are crisp to taste. Allow it to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Are you looking for guidance on how to lead a healthier lifestyle in terms of eating better, exercising better or managing medical problems better? Our coaches can help!